Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction

Subject: Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 07:21:37 +0000
That's very strange. I have the reading part of my spectacles adjusted for 70cm (so that I can read notes on my knee while flying. I have a feeling that your optometrist did not understand the request.

AF has its place in photography, but my entry to AF has been C*ntax G2 or C*non G5 - both using a centre AF bracket (although the G5 can use various AF spots); it is important to remember that more complex AF systems (adjustable spots etc...) complicate the process of taking a photograph and therefore move you away from the simplicity of your OMs. There must surely be a better solution to your problem.

Chris