Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction

Subject: Re: [OM] Dioptric Correction
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:30:35 -0500
whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Be simple and most effective.  Just get a soft contact lens with the
proper correction for the one eye you use to focus.  Better vision,
better focus and possibly even cheaper.
Bill

Interesting idea--but I've never worn contacts, and didn't particularly want to start just for this one purpose. . .

I think my fallback position is to take the plastic lens from an old pair of glasses, and carefully saw it into the correct size to press-fit into the OM-2's eyepiece.

"Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This any help Ross? I compiled it a while back...
http://petroglyph.crestline.ca.us/olympus/OMFinder.htm

Thanks, I had come across your page in a web search, and it had already helped to confuse me ;-)

I just wondered if anyone had personally seen/used the +1, 0, -1 lenses, and could confirm that the 0 was a weak positive lens, and the -1 a weak negative lens.

No suggestions for a supplier? I'm not really expecting someone to put one eyecup up for sale on e-bay!

best,
  --Ross