Re: [OM] Re: Different way of seeing...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Different way of seeing...
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:19:03 -0400
Depends on the inkjet system and the paper used. My local pro lab will do
large format (min size 16x20) inkjet prints that are supposed to be archival
for over 150 years. Haven't had the money to try this out.

The big thing to remember though is that's colour output. B&W fibre paper
prints can have an archival life that meets or beats that (don't have the
exact numbers in front of me). Of course this will depend on the print being
properly toned and archivally washed.

But for RC paper (B&W or colour), the life is far less and is nowhere near
archival quality.

I think that the only colour print process that's truly archival is
Cibachrome/Ilfochrome.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/