Re: [OM] OT Re: Rumsfeld, guns and loads of other violence ( started as

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Re: Rumsfeld, guns and loads of other violence ( started as M Moore !!)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:48:39 +1300
As Andrew F wrote

> Personally I feel humble just to have played my part in this great
> venture and yes, I can remember where it all started but I wouldn't
> embarass him by pointing it out (would I Brian). It seems like only
> yesterday.
> I can now go to my rest a happy person.
> AndrewF

Not so soon my friend !! You can't slip away just like that !!

While I have sometimes deliberately started a debate to liven things up,
when I commented on Mike Moore and Clementine? I had *NO* idea what a
hornets' nest I had trod on. Others did tho' didn't they ? (Not looking at
anybody in particular am I?  =|;-)>     )

Well, I don't want to say much about the recent debate. I know what I think
about recent and current *war* events, just as I have formed an opinion about
Chief Executives who came into office through the ruling (I think it was) of a
Court Judge, and not by democratic process. Something to do with hanging
chards and editing of electoral rolls.  :-<<

I got my last major education at a prestigious UK university, and one of the
unwritten rules there was that politics, sex and religion were never to be
discussed over dinner. Penalty was to shout the whole table of maybe 20 a
tankard of beer each - too costly for me in those days. Funny, I never
discovered any other venue where they (except sex) could be discussed
freely and openly. Not that I cared much in those days; I was actually
studying quite hard. Sex (discussion of) could crop up anywhere else without
censure.

Brian