Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:47:39 -0500
At 10:05 AM 12/9/2003, you wrote:
>Ya...but how about the 27 mm lens? Thats what I am looking for in the 5060.
>Or will the wide adapter do that for me? How much does a 5050 cost these
>days?

I have the wide adapter also, Makes the camera look huge and heavy.
I rarely use it these days, preferring my OM for wide shots. With the 5050
I felt Olympus was getting on track with their engineering, especially
battery life and performance. Now it seems they are trying to make
everything so proprietary with controlled obsolescence. Maybe they feel
they made a mistake with the OM-4t, since they can't quite kill it?
I think I will go watch "The Last Samurai" again.

I will dig up a wide shot for some comparison.

Wayne