Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 09:06:36 -0500
At 10:47 PM 12/6/2003, you wrote:
>I don't think he meant to keep it next to your body where it'll pick up warm,
>moist air, but just inside the (open) coat to keep it somewhat warmer than the
>outside air. This has been standard advice for years.
>
>George S.

I'm sure you knew that, but others may not. I've had to fix a digital camera
because someone gave them that advice and they put it next to their body.
The lens mechanism froze up - digital P&S.
I keep my OM inside my coat as well, especially if it is very windy or
snow or rain. Or I keep the palm of my hand on the battery compartment.
Still, if I'm exerting myself at all, the moisture inside the outer coat can
also be a problem.

I thought digital cameras had their own little heaters in them, I think it is
called a processor...

Speaking of which, does the little man in the OM-4t have a winter coat?

Wayne