Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) A challenge for Digital cameras
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:49:14 -0400
The other comparison I didn't like was the slower lens, though the salesman
had the story that they had to make it slower in order to get the wider
(28mm equivalent) lens. Is that so? I guess that is beyond my ability to
comment on, but I do like the faster lens on the C5050.
I was in the US today, and picked up a set of 4 AA Energizer 1850 mAH NiMH
batteries, including NiCD - NiMH recharger, for under $10 at Marden's, in
anticipation of getting a digital camera that takes the AA's. Did I get the
right ones for the 5050? Anyways, over the weekend I made up my mind that
taking standard batteries is an important issue for me.  I think a recharger
comes with the C5050, but this one was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. $3
less for a set of 4 without the charger. If you must live in Canada, live
near enough the US border to shop at Marden's :-)
Anyways, on Saturday the local camera store wanted $100 cdn. more for the
C5050 than for the newer C5060. I wasn't too happy about that, so it looks
like someone in the US will be getting my camera purchase business as well.
Wayne