Re: [OM] Hoagies! was NOT Mike Moore OT and guns

Subject: Re: [OM] Hoagies! was NOT Mike Moore OT and guns
From: Jerry Liles <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:09:45 -0600
I beg to differ!  A New Orleans Po'boy is a truely superior sandwich.

Jerry Liles

Steve Goss wrote:

Hoagie: a sandwich on a long roll. (The roll would be called a "bun" in most other civilized areas. Cheese steaks are served in the same kind of rolls. Much better bread than your normal hamburger bun.) I've had turkey, cheese, tuna, chicken salad, italian, and other hoagies. The ultra traditional hoagie is the italian one, which starts with oil sprinkled on the roll, then slices of italian ham and salami, provolone cheese, shredded lettuce, and onions. It is then dusted with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.

Other regions have submarine sandwiches, po'boys, or grinders. They are merely pale imitations. If you're not in the Delaware Valley, finding a good hoagie will be just about impossible. I'm happy when I can find an imitation cheese steak here in Texas.

I'm not a native Philadelphian, but I did live there for 15 years. Bought my first Olympus at Surplus Camera & Video in Bensalem.

andrew fildes wrote:

Yes. Earlier this season they imposed a "hoagie ban" at the new stadium. Got reversed, apparently you cant smuggle a glock in a Mike

Hoagie? As in Carmichael? Que?
AndrewF
(I'll eat your cheese steak and raise you a pie floater).