Re: [OM] digital landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] digital landscapes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:37:51 -0800
I agree that high angle light models 3-D subjects differently.

I can also see what he may be driving at. Many midday shots, esp. with slide film, cannot capture anything like the full range of brightness in the scene. A sensor system with such wide latitude as described would capture the whole range. Image editing could then adjust contrast and brightness to a range suitable for the display medium. Color balance could also be adjusted close to the very flattering warm light of morning and evening.

Thus something unique can be done, if desired, images with both the attractive quality of early and late light, and the higher angles of midday can be made.

Bill Pearce wrote:

This is nuts. All the photoshop trickery can't change the sun's angle. A
high noon shot isn't the same just because the light is cooler. It is
different because shapes are rendered differently. High overhead light tends
to render three dimensional objects as two dimensional.