Re: [OM] fisheyes

Subject: Re: [OM] fisheyes
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:10:19 +0000
Cheapest thing to do is buy a 'fisheye adaptor' - a screw-in attachment that threads onto the front of a lens and increases the field of view. I've got a 'Sunagor 0.42x super-wide' adaptor which I picked up for about 15 pounds, and attached to my Tokina 28/2.8 lens it gives me a circle frame fisheye at a fraction of the cost of the Zuiko. Here are a couple of example shots:

On a boat in Lake Malawi:
http://www.world-traveller.org/travel/zambia-malawi/photos/041.jpg

And a silly shot of a friend of mine trying out his 'camera'!
http://www.world-traveller.org/photo/recent/photos/5oct03-08.jpg

Roger

Adam Long wrote:

dropped into my local camera shop today. They had just got in a 16mm f3.5
zuiko - had a look - wow! I want one. Amazing field of view and such a tiny
lens. Unfortunately they want 750 UKP!!! No thanks!
So are there any cheaper alternatives?
Also, it has a neutral rather than UV filter - does that make it the later
type? Is it just neutral in colour or is it a neutral density filter? I
don't shoot b+w so the other filters wouldn't be used.
Adam