Re: [OM] fisheyes

Subject: Re: [OM] fisheyes
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:16:14 +1100
Far too expensive - show them some epay results!
Both the 8mm and the 16mm had a UV filter in the early type replaced by a 'neutral' filter in the later. This is not a neutral density filter but an NC (no change) type. Why not just have a glassless hole in the filter disc. Because the lenses are designed to have a piece of glass right there or the refraction is altered. Why replace the UV with an NC - perhaps because some users wanted a 'nothing at all' option and the UV was the least useful in this type of lens? Dunno.
I'd have dropped one of the B&W filters first (no, NOT the red!).
Now, talking about really wide - anyone found a PS plug-in that mimics a centre graduated filter? Fred Miranda doesn't list one and I don't really want to join up so's I can ask him. Seems like it would be an obvious development.
AndrewF

dropped into my local camera shop today. They had just got in a 16mm f3.5
zuiko - had a look - wow! I want one. Amazing field of view and such a tiny
lens. Unfortunately they want 750 UKP!!! No thanks!
So are there any cheaper alternatives?
Also, it has a neutral rather than UV filter - does that make it the later
type? Is it just neutral in colour or is it a neutral density filter? I
don't shoot b+w so the other filters wouldn't be used.
Adam