[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4451

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4451
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:46:54 -0800

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:17:51 -0500
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: E-1

Nothing to investigate, Stephen - Photoshop CS RAW function fully
supports it - and the Photoshop Raw function is generally regarded as
being superior to that supplied by any of the camera manufacturers.

Good to know, B.D. I will try to check it out sometime whenever I get upgraded to OSX. The Photoshop RAW version 1 is pretty darn good, and I've heard from a reliable source that the CS version (Version 2, as it were) is even better. I heard an anecdote from Andrew Rodney (whose color management course I took in October) that Thomas Knoll took his digital camera on vacation with his family to Venice, Italy. Once there, he was so P.O.'d at the quality of RAW conversion from the camera mfr, that sat down wrote the RAW conversion while he was vacationing with his family in Venice. Also heard that he spent much of his time in the hotel room writing the code instead of seeing the sights. That's how we got the first version of the Adode RAW plug-in.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!