Re: [OM] Playing with an E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Playing with an E-1
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:19:16 -0500
The noise issue is secondary, IMO.  If I buy, it will be because of handling,
lens quailty, and image quality.  The higher-than-the-competition-from-C*NON
noise can be compensated for by software processing.  We've all dealt with
grain in the past, it's no different than noise.  I don't shoot at high ISO's
much, so the issue may be minor.  The C*anon CMOS chips definitely have lower
noise at the higher ISO's, which is a big plug for them.

OTOH, I am probably just talking myself into something. :-)

Skip