Re: [OM] Fingerprints on negs

Subject: Re: [OM] Fingerprints on negs
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:56:35 -0500
At 10:38 AM 11/24/03 -0500, fred42@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Would any of the suggestion so far be suitable for slides?

I have a mix of card and plastic mounts as well as few between glass.

PEC-12 would be. It's called Archival Photographic Emulsion Cleaner. From the label:

"PEC-12 cleans film or print surfaces of non water-soluble stains, including ball-point ink, most permanent ink, finger oil, laser separation oil, grease pencil adhesive residue, smoke and soot, fungal growth, color developer tar, etc. Evaporates almost instantly without effecting the emulsion."

I've only used it to remove finger prints and fungus.

Later,
Johnny