[OM] Bangor, North Wales

Subject: [OM] Bangor, North Wales
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:49:10 -0000
>Dear Zs,

>Do we have any list members in the general area of Bangor, Nth. Wales.
>Looks like my daughter might be living there for a year or 2 starting
>early/mid 2004 and I'm interested in finding out the real story on the
>place.  From what I can see on the net, it looks like it might have some
>good photographic possibilities.

>...Wayne

Bangor itself is a pretty ordinary town, but the surrounding area -
Snowdonia (National park), Anglesey and the Lleyn peninsula rate as highly
as anywhere in the UK. Stunning scenery, the highest mountains outside
scotland and some beautiful coastlines, all within an hour's drive. The
mountains do attract the rain but you can often get good weather out on the
Lleyn or Anglesey. I don't live in the area but spend several weeks there
every year. Great walking and climbing too.
For a sample:
www.davenewbould.co.uk
www.turtlephotography.co.uk
Adam.