[OM] Tokina AT-X 24-40/2.8, was Wide-Normal-Moderate Tele Zuiko Zooms

Subject: [OM] Tokina AT-X 24-40/2.8, was Wide-Normal-Moderate Tele Zuiko Zooms
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:57:58 -0800
Indeed, I see 2 of them at the moment. And one says "* WITH", but doesn't say with what. Might be worth a call. Mine came with caps, case, box, instructions for a bit less than these, but didn't have the KEH back-up. If anybody does decide to buy one, I have a Tokina screw-in hood for it that is surplus now that I found the clip-on one. It's model MH-721, very well made, with a flocked black finish on the inside. It's smaller and lighter than the clip-on, but doesn't have female screw threads on the front, so neither filters nor lens cap will attach to it. That's probably to avoid vignetting with filters. $20 plus shipping.

Moose

Jim Couch wrote:

One of these is listed on the KEH website right now for $215.00
http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?bid=OM&cid=09&sid=newused&crid=6273311 <http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?bid=OM&cid=09&sid=newused&crid=6273311>

Moose wrote:

Another, but even rarer, alternative that solves the speed problem is the Tokina AT-X 24-40/2.8. Not quite the zoom range of the other 2, but it's missing on the end I don't care much about, as I'll always have something covering the 'standard' 50mm area along anyway. Haven't used it much yet, but it seems optically good and is, of course, bright in the finder..........