Re: [OM] Vision problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vision problem?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:56:31 +1100
This one comes up from time to time. You would think that AF would be handy when the time for reading glasses comes along but I gave up - couldn't read the bloody LCD on top of the EOS so I never quite knew what I was doing. I found the OM with split focussing screen much easier. Same with a cheaper non-SLR didge - you tend to use the screen instead of the finder and you need the glasses. If I use an E1 in future, I'll need to wear half moon specs - that's the only way I could use the demonstrator I played with the other day - the finder was fine but I had to check the screen and settings with glasses on. Damn nuisance. Of course, it is possible to have your eyes lasered separately - one for reading and the other for distance! Some people actually have that done and manage to adjust to the mixed input.
AndrewF

Hi,

I am 45 and getting close to the time I need reading glasses, I am afraid.
I am shortsighted and use contact lenses.

I normally have no problem focusing with my Om cameras, except in low light
conditions, especially with a zoom. I normally use the 1-14 screen with an
OM 4 T.

This summer I have taken an embarassing number of photos that were unsharp.
Many were taken with a Sigma 50-200 mm zoom around 200 mm, and that
particular lens might be to blame, I am not quite sure. It is a lenbs I
haven't used before.

But I'd like to know if deteriorating ability to focus on close things
affects your ability to focus with a camera?

Then I'd even more strongly consider going digital and AF, at least as a
supplement.

Lars