Re: [OM] Vision problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vision problem?
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:48:29 -0800
Another suggestion, a little less extreme is to have one contact lens for reading and one contact for long distance vision. another option in some cases, is to have the prescription compromised slightly so that the same lens can be used for both distance and close-up viewing. this is what I had done when I got new contacts this year. My reading correction is not real significant, and by doing a minor compromise my optomitrist was able to correct for the near distance, and still have good far distance sight with the same lenses.

Jim Couch

andrew fildes wrote:

This one comes up from time to time. You would think that AF would be handy when the time for reading glasses comes along but I gave up - couldn't read the bloody LCD on top of the EOS so I never quite knew what I was doing. I found the OM with split focussing screen much easier. Same with a cheaper non-SLR didge - you tend to use the screen instead of the finder and you need the glasses. If I use an E1 in future, I'll need to wear half moon specs - that's the only way I could use the demonstrator I played with the other day - the finder was fine but I had to check the screen and settings with glasses on. Damn nuisance. Of course, it is possible to have your eyes lasered separately - one for reading and the other for distance! Some people actually have that done and manage to adjust to the mixed input.
AndrewF