Re: [OM] New subscriber now OT Leica Panasonic

Subject: Re: [OM] New subscriber now OT Leica Panasonic
From: "GeeBee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:34:53 -0000
 From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 17 November 2003 01:59
Subject: Re: [OM] New subscriber

> At 06:45 PM 11/12/2003 +0000, GeeBee wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >My name is Graham and I am a Zuikoholic :-)
> >
> >http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/tpgal1_46.html

> Hi Graham, I always enjoy your pics of the English countryside, too bad
> some morons drove you off from the other list. Any case, I am wondering
why
> you seems to be shooting more and more with OM-2 nowadays, verus the
Leica,
> or even the Panasonic LC-5? I like your pictures and respect your
opinions.
> So anything in particular you like the OM-2 more?
>

> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly, please
> use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Richard,

I still shoot Leicas and post the results but I'll withhold the URL's. I
pissed off some Leica users by posting OM shots and I don't want to reverse
the procedure here.

The Panasonic LC5 belongs to my boss and he lets me use it whenever I like
but the immediacy of it was 'stealing' all by best shots before I could get
film processed and scanned. Since I have no intention of getting rid of my
film gear it makes sense to use it. The LUG taught me that :-)

The future, some would argue the present also, is obviously digital but I
just wont be part of it. Anything in particular I like more about the OM
system? It's not a quality thing, it's not a versatility thing. It's not
even a rational thing. The reason, which probably wouldn't make sense
anywhere else but on this list, is that OM's are objects of great beauty. I
love them. Ever since I saw the first OM1's in a store window and thought
"I've got to get one of those little gems".

--Graham