Re: [OM] Re: [OT] pills, was Olympus America and feedback

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] pills, was Olympus America and feedback
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:56:38 -0700
At 03:21 PM 11/13/2003 -0800, Winsor Crosby (in reply to Mark Dapoz) wrote:

>On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 01:49 PM, Mark Dapoz wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>>
>>>Day before yesterday I saw a snippet of an interview with the head of
>>>Pfizer. He, bald faced, stated that 88 percent of the drugs coming into
>>>the US from Canada are either counterfeit or do not meet US standards.
>>
>>It's probably true though.  It's very likely that the packaging doesn't
>>have imperial units on it and therefore doesn't meet US packaging standards.
>>The contents would be the same and would meet US standards, but they
>>carefully omit that point.
>>                                -mark
>
>Interesting. And of course they are never carefully questioned about what they
>mean. The fourth estate indeed.

**SIGH**  Yeah, our Canuck media's every bit as bad, as I learned when I was
"interviewed" a few times whilst working for our very own Glorious Federal
Government.  Glad I'm outta that gig.

And yes, Canadian drugs don't meet American "standards" (whatever the Hell
those are).  Even as we speak, Canadians by the hundreds of thousands are
dropping like flies because the drugs the big American drugcos sell us are
"substandard" and "Third-World-quality"; even though the same drugs in U.S.
pharmacies are "world-class" and "high quality."  Why, the Gabapentin I've been
prescribed, made by Pfizer in the U.S., is probably just sugar.  (It just might
be -- after my drug insurance plan kicked in, a month's supply cost me a
princely $6.19 CDN, including the GST; the same prescription in the U.S. would
run somewhere around $120.00 U.S. without a drug insurance plan -- Pfizer made
a profit of $1.2 Billion U.S. on the drug just in 2001.)

Whoo-hoo!  NOW I'm fLyIn'!!!

Garth