Re: [OM] new to darkroom

Subject: Re: [OM] new to darkroom
From: Lars Haven <om_fan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:39:20 +0100
Ilford has some good information on processing B&W film, for instance
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/pdf/Film%20Hobbyist.PDF

I particularly like the alternative washing method where you rinse the
film in the tank by changing the water just three times: Fill with water at
the processing temperature, invert five times, drain and refill, invert ten
times, drain and refill invert 20 times.

I have used a modified version of the procedure for many years. I add a
fourth rinse for luck and a final rinse in demineralized water with a wetting
agent added to prevent the calcium stains. Has worked perfectly, saved
tons of water and there is no worry about temperature changes.

Someone once made a thorough analysis of the method and posted the
report on the net. I forget where, but hte conclusion was that it works, but
it is important to drain the tank thoroughly.

Hope this is of some use,

Lars