Re: [OM] Electronic ViewFinders

Subject: Re: [OM] Electronic ViewFinders
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:22:42 -0800

On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 05:47 PM, C.H.Ling-Accura wrote:

I really doubt the EVF will improve too much in 3-4 years. 200K pixel screen
has been there for two years (since Dimage 7?)without any improvement. I
think we need at least 1MP for it to look "ok" and it must be fast (in real
time like video).

You may be right, but the Sony has gone from 180,000 pixels in the 717 to 235,000 in the new 828. The Minolta uses the same EVF and has increased the same amount with the new A1 model. That is a 30 percent increase in one model. LCDs have already gotten lots faster as they are being used more and more as video editing displays and televisions.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA