Re: [OM] ( OM ) Re: E1 - that shock of red !!

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Re: E1 - that shock of red !!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:29:58 +1300
Doro hat geschrieen  (has my computer got that right?)

> Brian!!
>
> Brian Swale schrieb:
>
> > That hair is instantly recognisable - there's more of it than I expected !!
> > =|;-)
My apologies; I should by now know better than to make personal
comments. I'm probably envious !

> what about that noise? ;p

Good question. I saw your hands up and the stressed look, and immediately
used ear-plugs. My hearing is saved for the moment !

> :D
 Actually, I was surprised by how dark the image is; in other digital shots I
have seen taken on low light, the camera has seemed to be able to
compensate and bring the light levels up. The noise? I really do not know
enough about the behaviour of digital cameras to comment, except that a
film camera in the same situation would have probably had much worse grain
effects.

At  http://www.dorothee-rapp.de/GalE1M/

I was surprised at the wide dynamic range and the fine detail although with
300-400 kb in the enlargements the detail should have been there.

The bokeh is very nice (see the picture near the top with the wooden knob
that looks like a car gear lever), and I especially like the shots of rivets in
steel, with side-light.

The resolution of the full size picture at

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/detailfs?userid={D83FA074-CB44-
49DD-B645-C75B1D8C5D2A}&ndx=8&slideshow=0&AlbumId={8414A92F-
93EB-4FAE-8215-099518940BFC}&GroupId=&screenheight=768

Is amazing - I didn't download more than 50f the picture - it's too big for
my machine. But amazing resolution.

Brian