Re: [OM] Re: E1 - that shock of red !!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: E1 - that shock of red !!
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:24:41 +0100
Jeff Keller schrieb:

Thanks Doro! Your ISO 800 shots look great. The expected digital
artifacts (pixels etc) look worse than the noise under high
magnification. The noise in the picture that was taken of you looked so
bad (IMO) that I probably wouldn't use it at that setting even when the
film is free.

Well, I'm sure it would be possible to reduse it with noise reduction. That's what it's for. And proper spot exp.; I guess.

You have a good eye for close-ups and for presenting them. I like your
manhole covers a little more than the ship close-ups but they are all
excellent!

Thanks Jeff, you're very kind!
I really liked the ship motives but of course wasn't used to the E1. I shot a few subjects parallel (like the chain thing in the wall) on Astia with my 2/90. (I'll put them up asap). I still feel I'm a film person. Much more tranquility to compose. And it's faster!! No green little numbers, flashing lights, ISO settings to think of.... I did like the E1 though. It's the best digital design I have seen so far, and hassle is minimized once you know how to use that thing. But still - what do I need more as focus ring, aperture, time and shutter? I developed my first roll of Acros 6x6 yesterday. It's just so much pleasure :)

cheers
:Doro
--
www.doro-foto.de/
Persönlichkeiten werden nicht durch schöne Reden geformt,