Re: [OM] Difficult assignment

Subject: Re: [OM] Difficult assignment
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:08:23 -0600
What is the prognosis for her recovery? Physically and mentally...
And how are you recovering?

Steve

garyetx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've just returned from documenting the injuries to a 10-year old girl's leg
resulting from being drawn under a ski boat with the prop engaged.  I've
done medical/legal documentation before and documented a plane crash for the
NTSB (non-fatal injuries).  Those involved adults.  Seeing a child hurt this
badly by an stupid adult was very, very hard.  I argued with myself before
agreeing to do it.  In the end I did it because it is important that the
work be done well, and I didn't want her to face being photographed by a
stranger.  I was able to concentrate on the job when I had a camera in my
hand. Now I'm pretty shaken.  As well as angry. Maybe writing this will help
some.