Re: [OM] 2n vs 2sp?

Subject: Re: [OM] 2n vs 2sp?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:45:29 -0800 (PST)
Flip a coin.  I like both cameras.  However, having had an OM-2
and a OM-2S, maybe it's telling that I kept the 2S.

* I like the spot meter.
* I like the brighter focus screen that doesn't skew the meter
readings.
* I like the LCD display.
* I like the permanently mounted hot-shoe.
* I like the feel of the film-advance. (mine is well-worn)
* I like the fact that it has over 80,000 exposures on it and
still going strong.
* I like my scratches, dings and brassing.
* I like the seldem but occasionally used Program Mode.
* I like the fact that I don't have to turn it on and off.
* I like the sound.

However, the 2N has:
* An off-switch (usually left on toasting the batteries).
* Sportscar feel.
* Removable hot-shoe.
* Slightly improved reliability (but still develops the flakey
ISO dial like all OM-2x cameras).
* Lighter feel.

AG-Schnozz