Re: [OM] OT Closer... Velvia 50 revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Closer... Velvia 50 revisited
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:24:41 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 22 October, 2003 09:14 PM

> Wow, I got my question in fact answered,
> you guys love me, you really love me! ;)
> I have 12 V50's left and 12 Provia 100F and will switch over till the
> end myself to V100 just by how much I love the V50.
>
> While where at it, isn't it interested that film technology is still
> moving forward into the future, not dead at all and growing.

received wisdom in the 1960s when Pentax introduced the Spotmatic was that
rangefinder cameras were close to being dead in the water. Forty years on,
rangefinders are as healthy and popular amongst the cognoscenti as they ever
were or at least the leading brand is. I doubt we have any need to fear the
demise of film technology any time soon.

jh