[OM] Metz 60 CT-4 Question

Subject: [OM] Metz 60 CT-4 Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:25:23 -0500
OK Metz gurus . . . I wouldn't ask a question unless it were a rather obscure one.

I have a Metz 60 CT-4 with manual, auto and TTL modes. Would very much like to use it in auto mode with an OM-1n . . . but . . . with a Photoflex extra-small Lightdome on it. The problem: the Lightdome is significantly larger than most other softboxes for camera mounted flash such as the Lumiquest (it's why I want to use it) and it blocks the thyristor sensor on the flash handle. Does Metz make any form of remote thyristor sensor for the 60 CT flash? I periodically see a Mecamat Sensor 60-30 on the used market. Has anyone ever used one of these and would it work with a 60 CT-4?

I know it's a non-problem in TTL mode with the OM-2n, OM-2S and OM-4.

Thanks,
-- John
[whose systems engineer background encourages putting together odd combinations of things]