[OM] An OM Wiki?

Subject: [OM] An OM Wiki?
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:46:19 +0100
Hello folks,

After I posted to the list a few days ago about reviving the OM Book project, I started having a fiddle around with some Wiki software. I also dug out the proposed contents list that was created after a couple of weeks discussion when the book was originally proposed. The list of topics there looks awesome and what a wonderful book it would be if it were ever created. So I installed the Wiki software and put up the contents list. If you want to have a look, follow this link:

http://ombook.world-traveller.org/index.php/Main/Contents

Does that sound like it would make an amazing book or what? If you're interested, read on! Now the beauty of the Wiki system is that you can write sections right now, no need for logging in or passwords or anything. If you want to play around and see what Wiki can do, have a go with

http://ombook.world-traveller.org/index.php/Main/Contents

Click on 'edit page' and have a poke around. You can read about the whole Wiki philosophy here:

http://ombook.world-traveller.org/index.php/PmWiki/PmWikiPhilosophy

and there are some links to all the documentation and information you could possibly need on the front page:

http://ombook.world-traveller.org/

I would think that almost every subject heading listed in the contents could have an authoritative article written about it by someone or indeed several people on the list. If you like the sound of the Wiki Way, and you know anything about any of the topics in the list, why not click on the question mark link and write a bit?

It may be that no-one's interested any more and the OM-book's dead, but I think there's too much expertise on the list to not give it one more go. That contents list is mouthwatering! I wouldn't like anyone to think I'm trying to claim ownership of the project by putting up the pages above - I'd just love to see it happen and hope that a bit of webspace and bandwidth from me might help get it started.

Hope you'll give it a look,

Roger