Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:12:23 +0200
At 23:25 23.09.2003, John Hermanson wrote:
Assume you got dis-assembly info from that website.

Yes, just what I needed, a confirmation that one of the screws is reverse threaded. Thanks to Chuck, and thanks to Keith Berry for putting the site up.

A few good things to check when RC meter is non-functional:  where battery
wire is soldered to battery contact (held by a brass nut) corrosion gets
between the head of the screw and the battery contact or corrodes wire right
off the solder connection.  Battery box is glue in so you will have to pry
it up.

This is exactly what was about to happen to my beater 35RC. My clumsy fingers accelerated it a bit.... Should be an easy fix if I leave the rest of the corrosion alone.

Another place to look is under the right hand plate on the front of the body
under the leatherette.  This is where you'll find the switch that turns the
meter on when you turn ring to "A". It is common for this switch to get
dirty.

Stupid question: When you say right side, is that as viewed from behind the camera or from the front?

Also, check for resistance in meter coil (maybe do this first). I meter coil
is "open", no need to do the other tests.

Since you think I should check this first I must assume the terminals are easy to access? I haven't recognized them when having the bottom and front covers off, so I guess the top must come off? BTW, the whole circuit is "open" as measured from the battery compartment, but that doesn't tell much about where the problem is.

Thanks,
Thomas B.