Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:25:48 -0400
Assume you got dis-assembly info from that website.

A few good things to check when RC meter is non-functional:  where battery
wire is soldered to battery contact (held by a brass nut) corrosion gets
between the head of the screw and the battery contact or corrodes wire right
off the solder connection.  Battery box is glue in so you will have to pry
it up.
Another place to look is under the right hand plate on the front of the body
under the leatherette.  This is where you'll find the switch that turns the
meter on when you turn ring to "A". It is common for this switch to get
dirty.
Also, check for resistance in meter coil (maybe do this first). I meter coil
is "open", no need to do the other tests.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks