Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC - how to take top off?
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:58:42 +0200
35RC - an update:
I had no troubble finding the meter and switches when I knew what I was looking for. I repaired the old beater first, even took off the top and fixed the frame counter that had been stuck on frame 20 for a long time. Finnished this at 3 in the morning, before moving on to the nice specimen. That was the good news.

The wire from the battery compartment was completely corroded away on the nice camera as well. I fixed that, but still no working auto mode. I checked the meter coil for continuity and it read 1.15k just as John remembered. Good sign, I thought, but then I checked the now working beater and it read 2.6 ohms. Well, as long as it's working.... Then I took the front leather off and discovered that the long steel lever acting as one half of the switch was severly bent, almost shaped like an accordion bellows. Someone must have used a lot of force to bend it like that and it's a small wonder it didn't catch and bind up some other part of the mechanism. I'm quite confident I can bend it back into shape, but I'll need patience that I definetely didn't have at 4 in the morning.

Thanks for the help so far, tonight will be another long night!

Thomas B.