Re: [OM] New E-1 (and sensor robustness)

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1 (and sensor robustness)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:23:26 -0400
Jim said:
Our collective hats are off to you, Chuck.
No need to thank me. BD did all the work and took all the risk. I just asked him if he'd do it and reported the results.

It did bring up another interesting question in my mind which is how much abuse can these sensors take? I assume that, since the sensor is a pretty hard piece of silicon, merely touching it gently with an object like BD's ruler is unlikely to cause damage.

Are sensors overcoated with something to make them more resistant to damage?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA