[OM] E1=Lexus?

Subject: [OM] E1=Lexus?
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:15:47 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

I've been pondering Olympus's marketing of the new E-1 system, and the price
point they've chosen for the body.  As I understand it, they are aiming
squarely at the advanced amateur/professional market.  I would assume that
this market currently consists of Canon/Nikon/Leica/Hassie owners.

Given that Olympus has abandoned the OM system, and have made their money
off the P&S market for years, wouldn't a new premium brand name have made
sense?

Toyota = Lexus
Honda = Acura
Nissan=Infiniti
Olympus = ?

Not everyone hold the Olympus name in as high a regard as we do.  Sacrilege,
I know!

Bill Stanke