Re: [OM] E-20 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] E-20 Question
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:12:57 -0700
on 8/29/03 8:12 AM, Greg Chapman at greg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm thinking of selling/trading my OM4T and accessories for an E-20 digital
> camera. I'm new to this list and if there is someone on this list who has
> one, please give me your opinions. I want to know the bad as well as the good.
>
> What are your opinions of such a deal? I have no problems with the OM4T,
> it's a great camera. I'm just thinking that I would be able to take more
> pictures if I didn't have to pay for film and processing.
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice,
>
> Greg

Greg - it's really hard to give a good answer without knowing what kind of
pictures you take, and what you intend to do with them... for some types of
photography the E-20 will substitute for the OM-4T and Zuikos nicely; for
others you will not be able to make it work well.

I'm thinking about 'serious' digital SLR, but not for a while... In the
meantime I use a film scanner and 'photo-quality' printer, and have a
'digital color darkroom in a box' that needs to be upgraded before I need a
high-end digital camera. This gives me the benefits of digital output, but I
still have the versatility of film on the input side.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...