RE: [OM] E-20 Question

Subject: RE: [OM] E-20 Question
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:19:17 -0400
The odd thing I've found is that when shooting digital I shoot FEWER,
rather than more images. On most of my jobs, which involve a long day of
simply being a fly on the wall, I will shoot anywhere from 15 to 25
rolls of b&w film. With digital I find myself shooting as few as 90
frames. My guess is that this is a result of my looking at what I've
shot, deciding I have the shot I need, and then holding back from
shooting - which is not a good thing. I've heard that National
Geographic is telling photographers shooting digital to literally tape
over the LCD on the camera back, and I can understand this, though I
don't know that I'd go that far. But I think that the closer one can
come to thinking of a digital camera as 'just another camera,' albeit
one loaded with slide, rather than negative film, the better off one
will be.

B. D.