RE: [OM] Stop Down Metering

Subject: RE: [OM] Stop Down Metering
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:59:58 -0700
The meter knows what's going on with the lens in a manual lens 'cause the
lens actually stops down when you turn the ring... Aperture gets smaller,
less light, meter reacts accordingly.  Automatic lens fools the meter via
the lever you're referring to into thinking there's less light there as you
turn the aperture ring.

Does this make sense?