Re: [OM] Stop Down Metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Stop Down Metering
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:40:10 -0700
The shift lenses are manual stop down. They have a lever indicating max
aperture to the body. T adapters also have a lever indicating max
aperture (they don't know what lens is mounted on them). They don't have
the lever used to stop down the aperture.

The key being what either Clint or John said -- the lever doesn't
indicate an absolute aperture. Only that the lens will take the picture
at maximum aperture (rather than x stops below max aperture).

-jeff

That's Clint's/Johns(?) story as best I remember and I'm sticking to it.