Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Inkjet printers

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Inkjet printers
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:09:01 -0400
Thanks Lama!
Here's the direct link to the profiles:
http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=480
-Mickey
----- Original Message -----
From: <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 12:37 AM

> I have to agree that a burner has taken over the inkjet duties.  By that I
mean that I burn images to CD-R and get nearly perfect 4"x6" prints for
$0.29 USD.  Wal-Mart uses the Fuji Frontier and Fuji paper.  The next time I
go, I'm gonna use the Fuji Crystal profile to re-save the images from
Photoshop.  The profile is available free in the download area of Pop
Photo's web site.  www.popphoto.com I think.

> On the other hand, I printed a grey scale (in color) on my $199 Epson 785
EPX and got nothing resembling grey patches.  Deep shadows are particularly
uhmm disappointing.  I think the real-silver color images are actually
cheaper than my limited-life ink-jet prints too.

> To be fair, I think the thread began with a discussion about the much
nicer, wide-carriage ink-jets.  I have no experience with those and they're
not in my price range.  I guess everyone needs something to print text on at
home but now that even Wal-Mart can print digital onto real silver paper,
I'd recommend a burner for photos.  My 2 cents.

> Lama
>

> > From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > My experience is definitely different from the statement that Costco
type
> > places aren't a fair comparision.  One of our national discount
electronics
> > chain stores (Futureshop) offers a digital photo service.  They print
the
> > digital photos on conventional photographic paper using a Noritsu
processor
> > (basically a minilab with a digital interface) and they offer prints up
> > 12x18, which is the largest size the Noritsu's can handle.  <edit>  At
C$12.00 (US$8.75) for a 12x18 print, I really find it hard to