Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Inkjet printers

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Inkjet printers
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 0:37:37 -0400
I have to agree that a burner has taken over the inkjet duties.  By that I mean
that I burn images to CD-R and get nearly perfect 4"x6" prints for $0.29 USD.
Wal-Mart uses the Fuji Frontier and Fuji paper.  The next time I go, I'm gonna
use the Fuji Crystal profile to re-save the images from Photoshop.  The profile
is available free in the download area of Pop Photo's web site.
www.popphoto.com I think.

On the other hand, I printed a grey scale (in color) on my $199 Epson 785 EPX
and got nothing resembling grey patches.  Deep shadows are particularly uhmm
disappointing.  I think the real-silver color images are actually cheaper than
my limited-life ink-jet prints too.

To be fair, I think the thread began with a discussion about the much nicer,
wide-carriage ink-jets.  I have no experience with those and they're not in my
price range.  I guess everyone needs something to print text on at home but now
that even Wal-Mart can print digital onto real silver paper, I'd recommend a
burner for photos.  My 2 cents.

Lama