Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...
From: José Adolfo Segura md <segura@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:05:09 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 1:57 AM

> It seems to me that digital is different than just issues of other
> brands. A great many of us would like to use digital for some of our
> image making and the OM system just isn't going there. So we are in the
> position of trying to find ways to integrate digital with our OM
> equipment, continue to use our Zuikos with digital in some way, etc. >

Hi Moose,
I'm one of the new members of the list. English is my third laguage so  the
most part of time i don't have the time to formulate 'convenablement' my
opinion.
Curiously I came to this list after have bought a Digital Camera for
'trying' (a little Sony DSC- P51). When i started to cumulate thousands of
images without have the time to 'treat' it with the photoshop or Pixela
(from Sony) I come back to my olds Nik*ns (FE2 and Nikomat Ftn). At this
time by hasard I discovered the OM's 3 months ago, but a bad surprise... the
first OM that i bought in an antic shop was   an OM-2S with a big problem i
found when i was at home (maybe of circuits :( , I don't know) John H. told
me that circuits are 'irreparables'
So i had the more popular Zuikos (50 /1.8, 35-70 /3.6; 75-150/ 4 and an
'RMC' (?) Tokina doubler for O/OM ) without cameras...until I found a nice
OM-1 and  after with  a lot of luck i got all the equipment annonced by a
photographer of Gaspesie that change all his system to the Digital. I bought
too from him all the equipment for the Dark Room . I'll come back to my
students days :)
Why this long history ? because it is possible that I would be cosidered
'retro' but my short digital experience was the introduction to the
wonderful world of the  OM's and Zuiko-lenses.
And I hope to learn here with the friendly environment of the masters and
the pros & amateurs  of  the whole planet. Some of the positives aspects of
globalization (!)
I try too to understand and learn the PC codes of the group. My only
revolution is actually my formal oposition  to  transformate a human visual
and perceptual reality into a 'virtual' reality.

Salutations from Montreal - la cuna of the bagels ;) (OT)

José