Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: An opinion...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:57:16 +0100
A whole lot of sense and wisdom emanating from the group about this topic,
from old and new members.

I was on the old list, left because 'big brother' started getting upset
about non-work use of email. Came back when I got my own link at home. In
those days it was mostly, almost exclusively, OM. We shot film, got our
slides and prints back from conventional sources and used conventional means
to get reprints or work in our darkrooms. But times have changed, horizons
are now broader. There are alternative 'post-production' techniques. Posts
about this are not OT.

The list has been a great source of knowledge and inspiration to me and a
solace during some difficult personal times over the last few years. The
atmosphere, which is contributed to in no small part by the OT 'noise', has
kept my chin up at times when I was in danger of going under.

Photographically, my own work has improved in quality and I now shoot more
and of greater variety than before. This is down to the group.

Digital capture doesn't interest me. I shoot film. I see no advantage
personally in shooting digitally and some disadvantages. So the level of
digital 'noise' can be disappointing to me. I can live with it for the
pluses cited above.

So, while I could use fewer digital camera stuff, it's not driving me away.
Some of it is even academically interesting.

D.

Donald Neil MacDonald, BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com

---