Re: [OM] Cheap macro twin flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap macro twin flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:07:35 -0700
I wish that other site were still up, or I had copied the pics. It had some colorful, 3D examples, flowers I think, where ring flash was rather lifeless and dual head really worked well. I also wish Denton Taylor's example had included a Cross-Pol shot, but I suspect he didn't have one to try.

If I were expert, I'd have some examples of my own, but it's a case of knowing the theory, but being limited in the practice. Most of my macros are natural light. Clearly, no one solution is ideal for all subjects. Maybe Walt will have so much time on his retired hands that he will do a comprehensive set of examples. Something to keep his hands busy may keep him from having to join CA. :-) Hell, he's probably got all the examples and just needs to scan and post them.

Moose

Chris Barker wrote:

Thanks Moose. It looks as if a ring flash is favourite, at least for flat, metallic ore reflective subjects. However, the rather smart-looking RF50 slave ring flash is not particularly cheap - and that's in the USA. Imagine how much more it would cost in the UK. Why are ring flashes so pricey do you think?