Re: [OM] Cheap macro twin flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap macro twin flash
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:38:15 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:25:30 +0800 you write:
>First of all the price for your items are a bit low, you really have to look
>hard. $80 for two T20 is ok, but the TTL Auto Con T20 is very expensive,

Nope, it's not.  I just bought one for $21 including shipping, and I
have 4 others, none of which I paid more than $15 for.

>over $30 each. The 0.3m cord cannot be get at $10, I sold a used 0.6m at
>$26.9, a TTL auto con type 4 at $30.

I'm sorry, but I beg to disagree.  I have bought a *lot* of this stuff,
and most of it came from bins of sync cords in camera stores.  Either
they didn't know what they had or didn't care.  If you want to get this
stuff *right now*, instead of taking the time to look for it, I would
agree with your prices.  If you look for flashes that are a little beaten
up, but work fine, you can get them for next to nothing.  I want
equipment that works, not equipment that looks good in a display case :)

>There is also a weight concern, the T20 is much heavier than T28, ok, it is

Yes, I agree that the T20s (and certainly the T32s!) are heavier, but if
it has been done with two QA310s, surely it is not beyond
consideration.

Cheers,
--Lee