Re: [OM] Photoshop Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop Question
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:29:55 -0500
Hi Tracey,
It's astonishing to see a note from your email address that's more than a sentence long! Welcome to the better half, and regards to Foxy as well.

I'm afraid you're following the only sure path (that I know of, at least). Other, more powerful tools are apt to introduce additional blur or other problems. If you have a sufficiently clear area that is adjacent to a marred area of the same texture and "color," you can try using the lasso tool (or other tools on that palette) to copy a larger area and then paste that copy over a blemish. This will create a new layer, which you can easily delete if it is unnatural-looking and won't become permanently part of the final version until you merge it down. I've found this to be particularly helpful with scratches, where you want a very long strip, but a thin one, to copy over the scratch, and the cloning tool is both tedious and possibly less effective.

I hope others will have better advice. I've worked with PS for a long time but still seem to know only about 50f it.

Good luck!

Joel W.