[OM] Minolta Dimage Scan 5400

Subject: [OM] Minolta Dimage Scan 5400
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:55:25 +0100
For Dan, and anyone else who might be interested, I have carried out a brief check of the times taken by this scanner to scan colour negatives:

Index scan of 6 frames: about 1 minute.
Prescan of one frame:  about 1 min 30 secs.
Scan at 2700ppi, 8 bit colour, autofocus, no ICE, ROC or Pixel Polish: just over 3 minutes.
Scan at 4000ppi, ditto the rest: just under 5 minutes.
Scan at 5400ppi with 16bit, AF, ICE & ROC: quite a bit longer... I cannot be bothered to time it ;-)

We are not talking fast here - it's a pretty thorough machine and I am very pleased with the autofocus system. I was using a PowerMac G4 733MHz, 1Gb RAM, Firewire connection.

Chris

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.