Re: [OM] Shots with the 21/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Shots with the 21/3.5
From: Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Andrew,

I'd been keeping an eye out for these.  I'm glad you got some of them up,
and I look forward to seeing selections from the other 5 rolls.  I liked
6, 11, 14, 15, 17, and 19 the most.  I like the perspective the lens
gives.  The stair shot (14) is interesting because even though there are
only a few steps, they look like they're going off into the distance.
I think that the out-of-focus part of 35 (the near part of the chain link
fence) is nice to look at, but the problem is that my eye is always drawn
to the very narrow in-focus part of the picture in the left third, and I
don't find that as good to look at.  I think I would like to see the near
part in focus and the far part out of focus.  The cool blurs would be
lost, but it would be easier for me to look at.  The lamp on the side of
the building in 6 adds a lot to that picture.

My favorite is 15.  I love the converging lines of the ceiling and near
wall and fence.  Then you've got strong vertical lines as well in the
fence posts at right and columns at left.  Finally, there are the lines
that go across the picture in the wall w/ the columns and the wall with
the arches.  Very aesthetic.  Lots of nice geometric shapes and repeating
patterns.  Nice composition.  Well done!

Kurt