Re: [OM] Apple to Orange comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] Apple to Orange comparison
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:22:53 -0300
Leitz designed a polarizing filter attachment for M cameras. I have saw one
in Vancouver a year or two ago. An empty filter with a  hinged swing out arm
screws into the front of the lens. The second arm is attached to a filter
holder into which is screwed the polarizer. One determines the desired
polarizing effect by revolving the filter and then one swings the filter in
front of the lens. Sounds clumsy but the device was precision made and
effective .... and expensive!

An easier route would be to carry two identical filters. One on the lens and
one to view through rotating the on lens filter to match the position on the
view filter..

jh