Re: [OM] another OM part

Subject: Re: [OM] another OM part
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:15:20 -0500
Both the OM-2 and OM-2n should have the same spring-loaded pin in the center of
the gear under the MD cap to push the MD cap off when it's being removed.
Without that pin, it would be very difficult to remove the MD cap.

The only OM's that did not have that pin were the very earliest original OM-1
and M-1 cameras that were non-MD models, meaning they did not have an opening
for the motor drive or winder, or the switch that runs them.  If you have an
OM-2 or OM-2n without this pin, someone has removed it and replaced it with a
screw, perhaps from an old original OM-1.  Note that it is (or should be) a
reverse-thread screw -- turning it clockwise should unscrew it, NOT
counter-clockwise.