OT Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question

Subject: OT Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:56:02 -0700
I don't know about other eyeglass users but my angle of sharp vision is
a very narrow tunnel. Since my eyes automatically point at what I'm
interested in, everything "appears" sharp. I don't think the demands on
eyeglasses are anywhere near as tough as for a photographic lens. When I
look out through the extreme edges of my eyeglasses the image isn't as
sharp but I suspect that is due more to a curved image plane and old
eyes that don't focus very far rather than the effects of dispersion.

The high index glass lenses are thinner and lighter than normal glass
lenses but take much longer to get. Seems like everyone is using plastic
lenses. The high index plastic lenses are half as thick as conventional
plastic lenses and probably even more common. They've more or less
become the conventional plastic lenses.

-jeff